Saturday, January 22, 2011

Athabasca Loppet

What's that, you say? A post about a loppet here? That's right my friends - tomorrow I am donning a bib (if there actually are bibs) and toeing the line at the Athabasca Loppet.

It's been a long time since I actually raced, at least since March 2009. That day ended in a Simple Jack performance with a lot of heartache and woe, but all in all was a fun time and made for good stories. You can refresh yourself on the details here - heart rate graph - and here - more details.

Ski selection for these events is critical, which is why, with absolutely zero testing, I settled on my pair with a CFC2 grind.

Hilariously, ski servicemen are somewhat renowned for entering races while having poor shape. There is even a championship race at the World Cup - relay video. I'd recommend checking this out.

I'll be sure to post an update tomorrow after the race. This is going to get worse before it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment